Old souls are feeling the deep emotional effects of Prince’s death last week.
Social media is filled with photos and video clips of him, along with stories from just about everybody, talking about how much Prince and his music impacted their lives.
It’s important for all of us who are impacted by Prince’s death to take time to mourn his passing in whatever way feels appropriate. I thought it might be illuminating to work with my Spirit Guides to explore his soul’s destiny, and discover how the life he lived measured up to expectations.
The details I’ve shared below are similar to the kind of information I receive from my Guides during the first part of a psychic guidance session. You could consider this a posthumous psychic reading in honor of Prince’s death.
Everyone has a life plan. Your soul creates it to outline everything it hopes to experience in this life before coming here. Your life plan includes all the major lessons you’ll work on, and includes your complete personality.
So, who was Prince? He came into this world as a gentle, highly creative being. That may be obvious, given his amazing musical ability and ethereal temperament.
But there’s so much more to Prince. Like most old souls, he had a complex life plan, full of expectations and ambitions.
To give you a more complete picture of the elements Prince’s soul chose as part of his life plan, I’ve listed some of them below:
Soul Age: Level 9 (70%)
Prince was an old soul. At 70% into Level 9, his soul would have chosen the circumstances of his birth to help him develop as an artist. Everyone at the 70% mark at any level is here to experience and explore creativity. But being Level 9, a senior citizen in soul terms, means Prince would have wanted his art to inspire others.
I’d say he was spectacularly successful in that respect.
Creator. This is not just responsible for his creativity, but it imbued him with deep sensitivity, allowing him access to inspiration from the Soul World.
Performer. This influence helps an individual to embrace being in the spotlight, but it’s also about communication. The Performer seeks an audience. The Creator and Performer together are associated with a love of dancing.
Spiritualist, Thinker, and Leader. The Spiritualist influence would have created a strong sense of spirituality and a deep desire to help elevate the lives of others. The Thinker made him analytical and reflective. The Leader would push him to take charge, and not wait for others to lead the way.
- Change (The desire to see a better world and become a better person)
- Exploration (Learning through involvement in the world)
- Examination (Understanding the world intellectually)
- Control (Learning the responsible use of authority)
- The Paradox (The combined missions of Connection and Avoidance, making him an outgoing introvert)
- Healing (Seeking to improve the wellbeing and happiness of others)
- Reliance (In this case, Self-Reliance as a way to be independent)
- Love (Designed to put the subject of love on the front burner)
- Safety (Tightly rehearsed shows, for example)
- Glamor (A life less than ordinary)
- Attraction (Attention to his appearance)
- Status (Wanting respect for his work)
- Health (Exercise and a healthy diet)
- Fame (To reach the widest audience)
- Immortality (The desire to leave a legacy)
- Obstinacy (Seeing a vision and not easily swayed from it)
- Restlessness (A challenge being fully in the moment, or always looking to the next project)
- Insatiability (Never fully satisfied with his work)
- Cynicism (A vulnerable soul attempting to come across as more worldly)
(All of Prince’s fears stem from past-life trauma)
- Failure (The feeling of there never being enough time to fulfill his destiny)
- Inferiority (Self-esteem issues addressed by over achievement)
- Rejection (A sense of being an outsider, and the need for acceptance)
- Intimacy (Caution when opening his heart chakra)
- Loss (A sense of impermanence or that happiness is fleeting)
(These are death-related fears from his past lives)
- Heights (He must have been killed in a fall in a past life)
- Judgment (Concern about what people thought of him and his work)
- Loss of Control (The need to control the details, play all the instruments, or even micro manage others)
It’s worth noting that it’s the combined fears of Inferiority and Judgment that create the high achiever or perfectionist. Prince would not have wanted to appear incapable (Inferiority) or be open to criticism (Judgment).
There’s a lot more to Prince’s life plan. It includes his talents, like music and communication, and other lessons to learn.
Like all souls, he chose his parents. The choice would have been to have his talents noticed and encouraged. Though the timing of Prince’s death was never part of his life plan, his past-life fear of Failure would have made his soul especially eager to get off to an early start, and his family of origin would have played a part in it.
Sadly, his premature departure from the Physical Plane would have been the very thing his soul most feared.
According to my Spirit Guides:
“Souls who achieve greatness through the arts communicate with humanity through the heart chakra. When their message is pure and comes from the heart, the truth they speak raises the collective consciousness, affecting everyone on the planet.”
Prince spoke to us through our heart chakras.
That’s the reason we’ll mourn Prince’s death more deeply than we might many other big stars. His Purple Rain album provided the soundtrack for my life when it was released, and his live performance at the Oakland Arena was possibly the best concert I ever attended.
Prince has significantly influenced the collective consciousness and, in doing so, has elevated us all.
The life plan Prince’s soul set out to accomplish may have come to a sad–and premature–end, but its success is without question. His was a life well lived. Which, as my Spirit Guides remind me, should be every soul’s goal.
To learn more about Soul Ages, Soul Types, and the topic of life plans, see Ainslie’s first book, The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended.
And if you haven’t already, make sure to sign up to take Ainslie’s Soul Type Quiz (below) to learn more about your unique personality type!